Terms & Conditions
All menus and pricing are subject to change. Menus on our website are example menus and may differ on the day.
Pallant Café accepts no responsibility for the loss or damage to any items bought on site or left in our care. All items are left at the owner’s risk.
A discretionary 12.5% service charge will be added to your bill. Service charge is shared equally amongst staff. Please let us know when paying if you would like this removed.
Standard lunch reservations can be made through our website or by calling the café. Tables are subject to availability. Please inform the café if you are running late for your table, we reserve the right to release the table after 15 minutes if we have not been informed by speaking to a member of staff on the telephone.
Tables are reserved for 1 hour 30 minutes from the time on your reservations Tuesday-Saturday and for 2 hours on Sunday.
For some booking types or large tables, a deposit may be required. A refund cannot be given for diners who do not show up.
For afternoon tea and voucher redemption bookings, please see the relevant section below.
Event bookings can be made by emailing your enquiry to an event co-ordinator at ku.oc.efactnallapnull@reganam
Afternoon Tea Bookings
Please note, all Afternoon Tea bookings are made by emailing ku.oc.efactnallapnull@elbat
Please email your preferred date and the number of guests and a member of the team will get back to you. We aim to answer all emails within 24 hours but can take longer during busy periods.
A minimum of 48 hours’ notice is required for Afternoon Tea. All bookings are pre-paid using the payment link sent to the customer and must be paid on the day of receipt. A booking is not confirmed until receipt of payment and a confirmation email for the reservation is sent by the venue.
Any cancellations outside the 48-hour period can be re-arranged or refunded without penalty. For any cancellation within 48 hours of the booking, we reserve the right to withhold £10 from the refund per person to cover losses.
Reservations with gift vouchers can be made by emailing ku.oc.efactnallapnull@elbat
Please email your preferred reservation date, your unique voucher number as well as a contact number and a member of the team will get back to you as soon as possible. We aim to answer all emails within 24 hours but can take longer during busy periods.
- You must present the gift voucher in the establishment upon arrival.
- Gift Vouchers cannot be extended, are non-transferable and non-refundable.
- When making a reservation please notify the business of your intent to use a voucher.
- Your voucher code is unique to you, it is your responsibility to not disclose this code to others.
- All bookings are subject to availability and change at our discretion.
- Gift Vouchers are valid from the date of purchase until the expiry date.
- Please make the restaurant aware of all allergies and intolerances within the party when booking. Please note that changes cannot be made on the day.
- Any menus on our website and sent via email, are sample menus and any images used are for illustrative purposes and are subject to change without notice
- Guest cancellations of voucher bookings are subject to our cancellation policy. Where a voucher has not been used due to the cancellation of your booking within our cancellation period, the voucher remains valid until it is used or expired. Reservations made with gift vouchers that result in a ‘no show’ or a cancellation outside of the cancellation period shall be forfeited with no right to refund or exchange.
- In the unlikely event a booking is cancelled by the café, the voucher will remain valid and the café will endeavour to rebook the experience to a mutually convenient time. If the voucher goes beyond its expiry date due to this cancellation, the café will extend the voucher until the mutually agreed new date of booking.
- Pallant Café cannot be held responsible for any travel or accommodation costs in relation to a cancellation.
Please note, additional terms and conditions may apply for key dates, including changes to deposits and cancellation policies. Please ask for further information.
Private Hire & Events
- To secure a date we require a non-refundable £300 deposit or a non-refundable room hire fee of £300 for drinks functions. Deposits (excluding room hire fees) will be deducted from the final balance owed.
- Final guest numbers should be confirmed and full payment for the pre-agreed menu is required 2 weeks prior to your event. All payments within 2 weeks of the event are non-refunable. In the event of cancellation within this period, the venue reserves the right to charge the full price owed.
- Any additional drink will be billed on consumption and can be paid for on the day.
- All allergies and intolerances within your party must be communicated with us in writing no later than 14 days before your event. Guests should also make the manager aware of their allergies and who they are upon arrival. Any pre-orders due, should also be sent 14 days before your event.
- Changes can be made to the menu by the client up to 7 days before the event. Please be aware that changes to the menu may result in a price increase.
- The pre-agreed menu and price will be adhered to by the venue. We reserve the right to substitute any ingredients and items at short notice as a result of circumstances out of our control. Any such changes will be communicated to the client in advance where possible.
- Any damage to equipment or the venue by guests may incur a charge for repair or replacement by the host.
- The venue cannot be held responsible for unsuitable weather conditions that may impact on your event. The normal cancellation policy remains applicable in such an event. Please note that alternatives can be offered in such circumstances but may incur additional charges.
- In the event of the courtyard being used in an evening, it is understood that this area must be vacated at 11pm and all doors shut due to surrounding residents. Hosts must assist the venue in assuring that guests adhere to these conditions and respect our neighbours when leaving the premises.
- The hire of the venue ends at 11pm (or a pre-arranged time) on the day of your event.
- Private dining menus are subject to a minimum of 20 guests. An additional surcharge for less guests will be applicable.
- A discretionary 12.5% service charge will be added to your dinner bill. All tips are shared equally amongst staff. Please ask if you would like this removed from your bill.